If you are experiencing a time of crisis, new developmental or transitional stage in your loved one’s life or are seeking resources and information, Family Connections is the place to start! To be matched to a Support Parent, please fill in this on-line application and a NH Family Ties Coordinator will contact you shortly to assist with finding the best possible match.
Support Parents serve as mentors to families who are caring for a loved one who may be recently diagnosed and seeking information or emotional support or may be a family looking to expand in their community as they navigate the world of caring for a family member who is affected by mental illness, has a special health care need or experiences a disability.
What’s involved in becoming a Certified Support Parent?
1. Fill in this simple on-line application to help us identify the best match results.
2. Complete the free Certified Support Parent Skills Building Training which provides a learning opportunity of transferrable skills in the areas of:
- Understanding and Coping of Emotions
- The Practice of Providing Effective and Supportive Communication
- How to Encourage Informed Decision Making
- Importance of Self Care
The training can be completed in person or on-line which can be accessed from anywhere on any device making participation more convenient and flexible for busy schedules. Once Training is completed, you will officially be welcomed as a Certified Support Parent and be ready to be matched with a parent requesting support.
3. A three call/communication commitment within 2 months of initial contact
Have more questions? Please feel free to contact us via email/phone.